While Sue-Anne has been off in Turkey for the last two weeks, I thought I might get a little break. Relax. Catch a movie or two. Bust out the Wii. Learn to use my iPhone...
But things don't always go as planned:
- Our main website was hacked, but thankfully Brendan was able to get it back up and running.
- A few days later our server, BlueHost, killed the site and refused to host it because it considered the site not secure. (Same thing happened to our AIM site. Strangely enough, since we moved it to a new server it hasn't been hacked.) So our main Magic Unlimited site has now been down for two days and most likely won't be up again until Friday...
- With no website, I've had to hold off writing our monthly email newsletter.
- I've attended the funeral of a friend's mother and visited my newborn niece in hospital.
- I've spent several days catching up on accounting (finally got that done!)
- I've been chasing up a dozen overdue clients (finally got that done too!)
- I've been arranging the purchase and finance of a new van and the selling of our old one.
- I've been trying to organise our 2010 USA trip/lecture tour.
- I've been dubbing and editing our Magic Festival shows onto DVD.
- I've been searching for a new venue for the Catchpenny Club and working with Ben Whimpey to organise the budget and filming of the next 6 shows for a series on Channel 31 due to air in March next year.
- I've purchased a new illusion and had it shipped from Singapore.
- I've redesigned my new business cards because they came out too dark the first time they were printed.
- I've been chasing up potential grants for next year's Melbourne Magic Festival.
- I've had to deal with more "politics" from the local magic club President.
- I've sent over twenty emails to Skype trying to reset my password (in the end I had to set up a new account).
- I've been updating Sue-Anne's FISM Report blog (as well as our blog, FaceBook, and the AIM site).
- I've been working on the artwork for the 2010 Melbourne Magic Festival logo.
- I've finally completed the insurance claim for the burst pipe from a few months ago.
- I've had a meeting and redesigned an Illusion Show for a big gala event next month.
- And I've been dealing with the daily calls and emails we get from people booking magicians through us.
Come home soon Sue-Anne!!! I've had enough of this "holiday"!!!